Pete Hatchett’s Fishing Guide Service
Fishing and Boating at the Holiday Landing Marina
In addition to being a safe recreational boating lake, Tim’s Ford is an outstanding, year-round fishing lake for stripers and smallmouth bass. Its reputation for trophy striper and smallmouth fishing extends several hundred miles. Major bass and striper tournaments are held on the lake annually. The lake is also ideally suited for the angler that just wants to relax and catch a few catfish or bluegills. Mallard ducks, Canadian geese, bald eagles, deer, wild turkey, and other kinds of wildlife can be seen while boating on this beautiful 10,000 acre lake.
Normandy Kayak Rental
Tel 615 925 9767
Duck River & Normandy Lake
(20 mins from Clearview)
Swimming at Normandy Lake
Fishing and Playing in the River at Cortners Mill
Carriage and buggy rides around the Farm
Clearview Farm has recently purchased a beautiful brand new 6 seater Vis-a-Vis Carriage, and a wonderful Amish Morgan Mare called Bonny to pull it – ideal for weddings or just a trip round the farm. Plus, Bonny can get us to town if the gas prices get even more ridiculous!!!
Small lake – Fishing
You catch it, you keep it!! For the non-horsey, why not kill time catching the catfish in our small lake, or visit some of the many attractions that surround Shelbyville, for instance, the famous Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg.
Entertaining the Tourists with the Civil War re-enactors at our Horse Gala Production Day.
Come and ride with us on one of our wonderful horses. 1hr or 2 hr rides available from $35
Enjoy the company of our friendly minature ponies, pet them, groom them, take them for a walk.
Tour Bus/Field Trips/Weddings
Clearview Farm enjoys playing host to tour groups and school groups looking for field trips. We can tailor make a program to suit your time slot and budget, call for details. We have ample room for parking.
– Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration
– Shelbyville the Walking Horse Capital of the World.
– The Great Celebration Mule and Donkey Show, Calsonic Arena
– Jack Daniel’s World Championship BBQ Contest, Lynchburg
– RC Moon Pie Festival and Country Fair, Bell Buckle
– Middle Tennessee Civil War Museum located between Wartrace and Bell Buckle.
– Staggerwing Museum, Tullahoma – This museum commemorates Walter Beech’s Model 17 as a milestone of 1930’s aviation development. Various versions of the streamlined, executive transport, “Staggerwing” bi-planes and other Beech aircraft are on display.
– Jack Daniel’s Distillery and Town Square at Lynchburg– The nation’s oldest registered distillery, registered with the Federal Government in 1866. Also listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Free tours and free lemonade.
– Motlow State College
– Bell Buckle, home of the famous Webb School, antique malls and shopping
– George Dickel Distillery
– University of Tennessee Space Institute
– Fishing! Bedford Lake, Normandy Dan and Reservoir, Tim’s Ford Lake and Wood Reservoir.
– Cedar Rocks Hunting Club – Quail, pheasant and chuckar
– Shelbyville News – Horses
– Tennessee horse directory